https://awesomers.com/143 - Show Notes Page
TOP 6 Canton Fair Tips
1) Make sure you know which phase is relevant to your business or product sourcing requirements! Don't plan your trip until you know the dates for each phase.
The three phases are very different:
Phase 1: Electronics & Household Electrical Appliances, Lighting Equipment, Vehicles & Spare Parts, Machinery, Hardware & Tools, Energy + Resources, Chemical Products, Building Materials, International Pavilion
Phase 2: Consumer Goods, Gifts, Home Decorations
Phase 3: Office Supplies, Cases & Bags, and Recreation Products, Medical Devices and Health Products, Food, Shoes, Textiles & Garments, International Pavilion
2) Register Online Ahead of time and don't ever lose your badge. The process, even online, is a pain, but it sure beats waiting in long lines at the fair. If you value your time you will heed my advice.
3) Your attire will define you so dress the part. If you don't have a fortune 500 business card or a long established history of trading in China the factories will often decide who they should work the hardest to "earn" the business based on the impression you make. In a face culture how you dress can make a difference.
4) We use evernote with photos to capute event details so we can refer back and share as well. Capture all of your photos, business cards, product photos, catalog photos, selfies with the sales person and the boss on one Evernote that is specific to that single visit. It's free and it's easy to share.
5) Negotiating is a normal part of the buying process. Don't forget to qualify the source so you know who you are buying from. If you don't feel comfortable negotiating then learn how to live outside your comfort zone. Don't over negotiate the price without clear specifications or you will find the factory will engineer the product quality down without you noticing it just to say yes to your price. That never works in the long run.
6) Bring a bag or backpack if you want to collect the product catalogs or other information. There are opportunities to get catalogs, cards, sometimes even samples, or other little takeaways and a backpack is the easiest. Especially if you take the subway back and forth to the show. Although the success of your mission shouldn't be the gross weight of what your brought back it can be helpful to have good reference materials later. Also note that in an ironic twist the catalogs are often superior to the factory websites for product selection. This is due in part to the factories not wanting their competition to see all of their products. So it's time to go old school.
Kevin King and I are making a big reveal in Seattle at the Empowery Seattle Summit and it's EXCLUSIVE for attendees. Then we're going to do it again in Austin at the Billion Dollar Seller Summit. You must be an attendee to get that insider benefit. ;)
KevinandSteve.com - https://www.kevinandsteve.com/home
The Seattle Summit - https://www.empowery.org/2019-seattle-summit
Billion Dollar Seller Summit - http://www.billiondollarsellersummit.com
https://awesomers.com/143 - Show Notes Page
Youtube Video Version: https://youtu.be/PulgilNjHvs
If you are an Amazon seller, ecommerce entrepreneur, ebay seller or you want to learn how to sell online this Podcast is for YOU!
What is an Awesomer?
An Awesomer is someone who through a series of long-term actions and behaviors has demonstrated that they are not satisfied with normal. They are achievers to a penultimate degree in their own industry specialty or area of interest. There are no monetary criteria to be an Awesomer, in fact, many mega-wealthy people are not Awesomers. Some of them are Normies. Others are even Basics! Awesomers want to thrive; not just survive. Awesomers are trying to improve their lives and the lives of those around them. They are trying to make an impact, in whatever way they can, on the world.
Many Amazon Sellers are awesomers. They took the Amazon FBA opportunity and they siezed the moment by taking action. If you are an Amazon Seller or interested in selling in eCommerce you should take a moment now and listen to all the Awesomer origin stories.
Entrepreneurs solve problems in the world. They don’t create them. Awesomers are never done learning or improving. To become an Awesomer one must realize the journey to improve is perpetual. In other words, you don't arrive to the land of the Awesomer as a destination. Being an Awesomer means you are on the path of achievement for the sake of improving your life and those around you. Awesomers are 75% more likely to listen to educational or improvement podcasts.**
What is a Normie?
A Normie is someone who is stable and well established in life and ultimately is satisfied with the status quo. They don't want to rock the boat. They don't want to take risks. Normies are satisfied to survive. Normies are fine, just ask them. Awesomers have no problems with Normies. In fact, most Awesomers are surrounded by Normies who are their close friends and even family. More often than not Normies do not understand the plight of the Awesomer so they will warn the Awesomer to “be careful” or “don’t do it” or provide other guidance they mean to be helpful, but it is really just negativity that the Awesomer must overcome. We all know and love Normies and we are not criticizing Normies. We're only delineating some of the differences that exist between Awesomers and Normies. Normies are 84% more likely to listen to news about the Kardashians than Awesomers.**
What is a Basic?
A basic is someone who doesn't care about anyone which is often including themselves. They self-sabotage, they create problems, and they are not people that anyone should hang out with. They suck the life out of everyone around them by manufacturing drama, problems, or other nonsense. These people have chosen a path for themselves often by years and years of behaviors and actions which lead them to the life they have today; which is ok with us. We’re not judging. We just choose not to have our journey detoured by crossing the path of a Basic. (We also refer to this as the no A-HOLE rule.) 63% of basics have a cell phone only to play games, consume news or "vent" on social media.**
**The preceding statistics for each archetype above is 100% made up. We like to make jokes. But we'll always tell the truth and set the record straight.
The Awesomers.com podcast, hosted by Steve Simonson, will showcase some of the amazing origin stories of Awesomers from around the world. There are so many truly inspiring stories from people from all walks of life, but most often the Awesomers that will be focused on will be those who are also entrepreneurs. We'll be launching in the last half of 2018 as we build the systems and a team to support this important effort. We hope you will join us for this exhilarating journey! Many of these awesomers are Amazon sellers who have built an Amazon FBA ecommerce business and have started to see positive financial and lifestyle results.