In this podcast episode I’ll answer a very simple question: What is data science?
Well, the question is simple, sure… But the answer is rather complex.
The problem is that there are no generally accepted definitions. But in this article, I’ll show you many important aspects of data science. And by the end, you’ll have a pretty clear mental picture about what it is exactly!
- What data science is
- What skills you need to do it
- The real meaning of all the "buzzwords"... (Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, Predictive Analytics…)
- Data science project examples
- and more...
Article format: https://data36.com/what-is-data-science/
LINKS MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE:
- Data36 Inner Circle / Newsletter (free resources)
- Deep Learning at Tesla by Andrej Karpathy, Director of AI at Tesla (Andrej’s talk starts at 1:52:05 and ends at 2:24:55)
- Google's "AI" assistant
- Boston Dynamics' robot
Tomi Mester, Data36