Dan Shiebler joins us to discuss his category theory Ph.D. program, his full-time job at Twitter, and how the two crossover and combine in his overall data work.
In this episode you will learn:
• Dan’s neuroscience undergrad and MATLAB [4:12]
• Dan’s Ph.D. timeline and research [14:01]
• How to start a Ph.D. while working full time [22:45]
• Dan’s work at TrueMotion and label data [30:39]
• Dan’s title and role at Twitter [39:15]
• Specific projects at Twitter [44:09]
• What skills someone should bring to a Twitter job interview [52:06]
• What machine learning approaches will be important in the future? [1:00:38]
Additional materials: www.superdatascience.com/451
The SuperDataScience podcast brings you the latest and most important machine learning, artificial intelligence, and broader data-world topics from across both academia and industry. As the quantity of data on our planet doubles every couple of years and this trend is set to continue for decades to come, there's an unprecedented opportunity for you to make an enormous impact in your lifetime.
Whether you're curious about getting started in a data career or you're a deep technical expert, whether you'd like to understand what A.I. is or you'd like to integrate more data-driven processes into your business, we have inspiring guests and lighthearted conversation for you to enjoy. We cover tools, techniques, and implementation tricks across data collection, databases, analytics, predictive modeling, visualization, software engineering, real-world applications, and commercialization − everything you need to crush it with data science.