AOC 001: What is Music Composition?
Well this is exciting. This is the very first episode of the Art of Composing Podcast. You want to know something funny? This is actually the 4th - 1st episode. That's right. I have recorded, and re-recorded a first episode 4 times, going all the way back to last year. Why? Well, mostly because I wasn't really confident in the previous episodes... but I am now.
I think this is a good way to start the show and hopefully there are more to come. As of right now, expect an episode once a month, but I will try and put out more, especially at the beginning. I am currently pending approval in the iTunes store, so it will be a day or two before you can download there, but I just wanted to post it for everyone, so that when you are driving to work on monday, you have something to listen to.
What is in this episode:
* What is music composition? I give a clear definition that shouldn't overwhelm anyone.
* The stages of learning to compose music. I break it down b-boy style from the 80s yo.
* Who is Jon? Like the mystery of Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged... who is Jon (Galt)?
* Why I started the podcast, and what to expect in the future.
Resources and Links Mentioned in this Episode:
* Free Beginner's Composing Course
* Composer Quest Podcast
* The Trivium
Transcript - AOC 001