Well this is exciting. This is the very first episode of the Art of Composing Podcast. You want to know something funny? This is actually the 4th - 1st episode. That's right. I have recorded, and re-recorded a first episode 4 times, going all the way back to last year. Why? Well, mostly because I wasn't really confident in the previous episodes... but I am now.
I think this is a good way to start the show and hopefully there are more to come. As of right now, expect an episode once a month, but I will try and put out more, especially at the beginning. I am currently pending approval in the iTunes store, so it will be a day or two before you can download there, but I just wanted to post it for everyone, so that when you are driving to work on monday, you have something to listen to.
What is in this episode:
* What is music composition? I give a clear definition that shouldn't overwhelm anyone.
* The stages of learning to compose music. I break it down b-boy style from the 80s yo.
* Who is Jon? Like the mystery of Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged... who is Jon (Galt)?
* Why I started the podcast, and what to expect in the future.
Resources and Links Mentioned in this Episode:
* Free Beginner's Composing Course
* Composer Quest Podcast
* The Trivium
Transcript - AOC 001