In Episode 6, we sit down with Matt Corallo and discuss his work on compact blocks and the FIBRE network.
In this conversation we cover:
- Selfish mining (2:03)
- Majority is not Enough: Bitcoin Mining is Vulnerable
- Optimal Selfish Mining Strategies in Bitcoin
- Ethereum's larger pools making superlinear profits (5:10)
- Defining selfish mining (9:52)
- Compact blocks (12:37)
- Reference implementation
- FIBRE (20:28)
- Forward error correction (24:14)
- Shamir secret sharing
- Difference between TCP and UDP (29:21)
Thanks as always to Matthew Zipkin for the sound engineering.