Today’s Day Two Cloud delves into how and why to build a private cloud that functions as well as a public cloud. We examine the design and operational challenges of assembling and operating cloud infrastructure on premises.
Our guest is Bryan Sullins, Senior Systems Engineer for a large retailer.
* NIST’s definition of private clouds
* Automating all the things (hardware, software, OSs, etc.)
* Key platforms including Ansible, Morpheus, and Kubernetes
* The role of self-service
* How building a private cloud affected the infrastructure team
* Planning, design, and implementation
* Have a test lab.
* Have a defined process and document it.
* Many tools used in this deployment are open source. You can start tomorrow.
ThinkingOutCloud.org – Bryan Sullins’ Web site
Bryan Sullins on Twitter
Bryan Sullins on LinkedIn
The Packet Pushers Podcast Network offers continuous professional development for IT professionals. Keep up with networking, security, cloud, career, and more. We bring the IT community together--engineers, architects, vendors, developers, educators, etc. In this feed, listen to every conversation we record!